Post Judgment Modifications & Enforcement

Making sense of court orders

A divorce doesn’t sever ties between former spouses completely – especially when children are involved. If you believe court orders involved in your case need modifying or enforcing, we can advise you on what to do next.


Life rarely stands still for long. Children grow up fast, and their needs develop along the way. If circumstances have changed since the time of the original court order concerning your children, we can help you assess whether your order still works or needs to be modified.

With deep knowledge of family law, GoransonBain Ausley lawyers support families in Austin to make sure court orders still reflect their children’s best interests. From custodial rights and possession schedules to child support payments, we can help you decide whether it makes financial and legal sense to seek modification of court orders.


It is challenging to live your life if your former partner does not keep his or her court-ordered obligations. If your former partner does not comply with the terms of a court order, you may be able to ask the court to enforce it.

Circumstances in which you may be able to request for an order to be enforced include:

  • If you’re a recipient of child support and the person ordered to pay fails to comply
  • If someone refuses to turn over property awarded to you in a divorce or refuses to comply with his or her financial obligations pursuant to your divorce decree
  • If someone fails to stay current on spousal maintenance payments, or to maintain health and life insurance, when required
  • If visitation schedules are not being adhered to.

If you are experiencing any of the above difficulties, we are here to help. We can review your court orders and advise whether it is possible for you to request  a court to enforce your existing order, and the likelihood of your request being successful.

Call our office to schedule a consultation today.  We can answer your questions and help you make informed decisions that are in your family’s best interest. To conveniently serve you, we have office locations throughout Texas in Dallas, Plano, and  Austin.