Focused on your future
Deciding to divorce is one of most difficult things you can do in life. And once you take this first step, there are many paths you can follow. We’re here to show you the way.
Perhaps it’s you or your spouse that wants a divorce. Or you have made this big decision together. Whether you hope to work toward an amicable divorce or will need to litigate, a meeting with an experienced family law attorney is vital to figure out what happens next.
How our divorce lawyers can help
At GoransonBain Ausley, we understand that, regardless of whether you and your spouse intend to cooperate with each other, emotions will be running high. We’re also aware of the pitfalls and distractions these emotions can cause – keeping you from making sound financial decisions or best-interest decisions for your children.
This is why we’re committed to providing all our clients with thorough legal advice, delivered with honesty and compassion. Using the depth and breadth of our experience, we navigate you through the divorce process to help you achieve the best possible outcome for you and your family. We focus on your future financial stability and help you identify your goals – then recommend an efficient, effective strategy to help you meet them.
Identifying your individual concerns
With our 40 years of experience serving Austin, Dallas and Plano families, we know that every divorce is as unique as the people involved. We make sure you know all the options that are available to you and help you understand the pros and cons of those options.
Working as a team, our goal is to guide you and your family to find the best way forward. When planning a strategy, we’ll consult with you about the following issues and how they apply to your circumstances:
- Property division – we’ll determine your current and future financial goals and how to meet them through a fair and equitable division of the marital estate, as well as protect what’s important to you.
- Parenting Schedules– We can help you develop a plan that works for you and your family considering the needs of the children, your geographic location and work schedule;
- Asset Characterization and Valuation– Marital assets can include businesses, pensions, educational degrees, real estate, intellectual property, and personal belongings. We can help you determine which assets are includable in the divorce process and what they are worth;
- Custody– Whether you are a mother, father, or grandparent, we are prepared to protect your parental rights;
- Property Division– We can help you achieve a fair and equitable division of the marital estate while prioritizing the assets that are most important to you, taking into consideration;
- Support Modifications– As your family’s lives change, we can help you modify previously determined orders, schedules, and legal support obligations to accommodate your change in circumstances.
Contact Us Today
Every family has unique needs and, as a result, no divorce case is exactly like the one before. We believe that every family law case is fact-specific and has its own special issues and circumstances.
We encourage you to contact our legal team to schedule a consultation to learn about your options and to obtain sound legal advice on how to move forward. You can contact us online, or complete the consultation form. We have offices in Dallas, Plano and Austin.