FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT UNLESS THERE’S A BETTER WAY.
Jeff Domen on doing what’s best for clients:
I empower clients who want to move forward with their lives after divorce. My clients include a wide variety of individuals—from professionals and owners of privately-held businesses and their spouses to those in short- or long-term marriages. Often, these are people who feel powerless when dealing with divorce. Many are Christians who are looking for a Christ centered counselor and solution. Because divorce is new and unfamiliar to most, I work to create peace of mind by explaining the legal process and helping clients navigate turmoil with a focus on hope, dignity, and prosperity. My role is to fight the good fight and help clients understand
when (and how) to do so or whether a more reasonable approach is fitting.
What I help clients do:
- Develop a clear pathway to achieve important goals—I help clients identify, articulate and prioritize their goals and develop a strategy to accomplish them.
- Care for their most important assets—including children, finances, property, and business equity—with a combination of legal know how and financial acumen.
- Make biblically sound decisions—when Christians go through divorce, they need an attorney who will be aggressive yet maintain an eternal focus.
- Navigate family law issues with honor amid personal adversity and turmoil.
- Achieve successful litigation outcomes when trial is the best way forward—I am proud of my track record in court, including jury verdicts to secure primary custody for both fathers and mothers, as well as favorable verdicts for small business owners, executives, and their spouses.
Jeff Domen is among the most accomplished family trial lawyers in Texas. As a financial planner for high-level executives prior to his career as family lawyer, he has deep expertise with complex financial matters, including stock options, pensions, financial issues related to a privately-owned company, business valuation and separate versus marital assets. Jeff is Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and has been recognized as a Top 100 Dallas/Fort Worth Super Lawyer in 2020 by Thomson Reuters. He has also been named a “Best Lawyer” by U.S. News —Best Lawyers in America© in the fields of Family Law in 2013-2021. He has been named a Top 10 Attorney by The National Academy of Family Law Lawyers and one of the Best Lawyers in Texas by the Wall Street Journal. A graduate of Baylor University School of Law, Jeff is a member of the Collin, Dallas and Denton County Bar Association and serves in many capacities within those organizations. He is passionate about mentoring and teaching family lawyers on how to be better family law lawyers.
Jeff is a member of Hope Fellowship Church where he is active in the Adventure Kids Ministry and lives in Frisco with his wife and four children. Jeff is passionate about educating others on effective parenting skills. He and his wife, Melanie, a parenting coach, teach classes on parenting based on the book, “Loving Our Kids On Purpose,” by Danny Silk.
Areas of Practice
- “Overlooked Financial Issues“, 41st Annual Marriage Dissolution Institute, State Bar of Texas, April 2018
- Texas Annotated Family Code , LexisNexis-Editor , 2010
- Texas Practice Guide , Family Law – Editor , 2005
- Baylor University School of Law, 2000
- J.D., Law
- Baylor University, 1997
- B.A., Political Science
- “The Unknown Unknowns“, 41st Annual Marriage Dissolution Institute, State Bar of Texas, April 2018
- Welcoming Remarks, 43rd Annual Course Advanced Family Law, August 2017
- “How to Take and use Depositions in a Family Law Case”, 43rd Annual Course Advanced Family Law, August 2017
- “Characterization of Separate and Community Property”, Estate Planning Council of North Texas, 2017
- “When to Consult a Family Law Attorney”, Dallas Bench Bar, 2016
- “Characterization of Property/Marital Agreements”, Collin County Estate Planning Section, 2016
- Judges’ Tech Tips, Advanced Family Law, August 2015
- Collaborative Law Myths, Collin County Bench Bar, May 2015
- “Top Evidentiary Mistakes Made by Attorneys”, Advanced Family Law, August 2014
- “Professionalism”, Baylor Law School, January 2014
- “Top Evidentiary and Discovery Mistakes Made by Attorneys”, Advanced Family Law, August 2013
- “To Catch an Alcoholic-A Soberlink Case Study”, Collin County Bench Bar, May 2013
- “To Catch an Alcoholic-A Soberlink Case Study”, Denton County Bench Bar, 2013
- “Using your iPad effectively in the Courtroom”, Plano Bar Association, 2012
- “Evidence and Trial Procedure”, Frisco Bar Association, 2012
- “Getting Your Case From 0 to 60”, Collaborative Conference, 2010
- “Texas Annotated Family Code”, LexisNexis, 2010
- “Family Law Update”, General Practice Institute, 2008
- “Estate Planning and Divorce”, Estate Planning Council of North Texas, 2008
- “Texas Practice Guide – Family Law”, Editor, 2005
Honors & Awards
- Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Family Law, Woodward and White Press, 2013 – 2021
- Selected to the Texas Super Lawyers List, Thomson Reuters, 2014 – 2019
- Selected to the Texas Rising Star list, Thomson Reuters, 2008 – 2014
- Best Lawyers in Texas, Wall Street Journal, 2016
- Top 10 Attorney Award, National Academy of Family Law Lawyers, 2015
- Interim Associate Judge – Dallas Family Courts, 2011
- Texas, 2000
- Christian Legal Society
- Collaborative Divorce Texas (f/k/a Collaborative Law Institute of Texas)
- Member, 2015
- Collaborative Law Alliance of Collin County
- Collin County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- President, 2017 – 2018
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Dallas Bar Association
- Denton County Bar Association
- Frisco Bar Association
- Member, 2014
- State Bar of Texas, Family Law Section
- Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists
- Texas Bar Foundation
- Texas Family Law Foundation
- Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee, Member , 2009 – 2012