WHAT IS A FLAT FEE DIVORCE?
A flat fee divorce is a fixed-fee divorce option available to divorcing clients who want an amicable resolution and certainty about the costs associated with their divorce. As part of the flat fee divorce process, you will receive a detailed agreement allowing you to know how much your divorce will cost upfront, without the risk of incurring unexpected fees or expenses. The flat fee includes payment of all filing fees.
GoransonBain offers this legal option along with the benefits of being represented by one of our highly qualified and experienced divorce lawyers.
As a family law firm in Texas, our firm has a goal to help you achieve a successful outcome, control divorce costs and minimize any disruption to your life—all while helping you prepare to face the future.
Is a Flat Fee Divorce Right for Me?
A flat fee divorce is a good solution for you if you and your spouse have reached an agreement regarding division of your assets and debts. If you have children, a flat fee divorce is a good solution if you both have reached an agreement about parenting time and parenting rights. Couples who do not meet these criteria are not a good fit for a flat fee divorce.
The best way to determine if a flat fee divorce is the right solution for your divorce is to set up a consultation with a divorce attorney. You can also take an interactive quiz to find out if a flat fee divorce is right for you.
Why Select GoransonBain for Your Flat Fee Divorce?
GoransonBain was founded in Dallas over 25 years ago. From the outset, our goal has been to provide a better approach to family law. Flat fee divorces are one of the many options we provide to divorcing couples to control divorce costs and lessen the level of disruption to your life.
Our aim is to provide the benefits of a flat fee divorce plus the guidance of a skilled family law lawyer. We will help you:
- Participate in an amicable and efficient process so you can begin rebuilding your post-divorce life.
- Assure your divorce decree is effective and enforceable if problems arise in the future.
- Avoid unexpected and unnecessary costs.
- Benefit from our years of family law experience, knowledge and depth of resources.
How Does the Flat Fee Divorce Process in Texas Work?
- The first step is to start with a personal consultation with a divorce attorney at GoransonBain to discuss your divorce and answer any questions you have about the process.
- We then prepare and file your Petition for Divorce, as well as the Waiver of Service necessary to begin your divorce proceeding. If your spouse has already filed for divorce, we will file a response on your behalf.
- During the 60-day waiting period after the Petition for Divorce has been filed and before the court has the authority to grant your divorce, we negotiate the agreed terms and prepare your Agreed Decree of Divorce. Any name change is included as part of the flat fee.
- Once the Decree is approved and signed by you and your spouse, we will arrange your appearance in court with an attorney. This is the final step to finalize the divorce.
While we cannot guarantee your divorce will occur by a certain date, you can generally expect the entire process to take 60-120 days, depending on everyone’s schedule and availability.
Contact a Divorce Attorney
If you would like more information about flat fee divorces, contact us today to schedule a consultation to speak about your particular situation. We look forward to discussing your case with you in detail. GoransonBain has three office locations in Texas: Dallas, Plano and Austin.