Texas Board of Legal Specialization (TBLS) has announced Lindsey Obenhaus earned Board Certification in Family Law. A graduate of the SMU Dedman School of Law, Lindsey joined GoransonBain Ausley after previously practicing family law at a boutique law firm. Lindsey also served as an Assistant District Attorney in Dallas County, where she gained meaningful trial experience in the family violence and protective order units.
The Board Certification process is rigorous and thorough with stringent, ongoing requirements after initial certification. In brief, an applicant must:
- have been in practice a minimum of 5 years with 3 years of substantial involvement in an area of law
- complete TBLS-approved Continuing Legal Education course requirements
- furnish at least 10 qualified, vetted references
- provide extensive, relevant experience documentation
- pass a comprehensive, daylong, specialty area examination
Board Certification is a mark of excellence and a distinguished accomplishment within the legal community. Congratulations Lindsey!