Though divorce can be an emotional, life-changing event, Rob offers stability, experience, and guidance to put clients at ease and on a positive path forward.
Rob approaches all of his cases with the perspective gained as a seasoned and confident litigator. He communicates well with clients to dispel the myths and misconceptions they may have about divorce. He assures them there is a legal process in place to protect their interests, relieving them of unreasonable fears. Drawing on his extensive courtroom experience, he explains the range of potential outcomes to help clients decide on the best course of action. Settlement is always Rob’s goal, but litigation is a tool he skillfully leverages and utilizes when appropriate.
While Rob excels at child custody cases, he is also adept at managing the complexities of asset division. With every divorce, he strives for efficiency by keeping focused and staying positive, qualities that have won respect from judges and other clients. Rob encourages clients to choose their priorities with a global perspective and not get bogged down over frivolous matters. He welcomes the active participation of clients in moving their cases forward. Always, Rob is a ceaseless advocate for his clients, aspiring to achieve the best possible results—and a good life—for them and their children post-divorce.
A Westlake native, Rob comes from a family of lawyers with a lineage going back to his great grandfather. He is a family man, a father of three, and proud to be in the company of excellent lawyers at GoransonBain Ausley. Rob is board-certified in family law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and is a Director of the Austin Bar Association.
Areas of Practice
- Alimony & Maintenance
- Asset and Wealth Identification & Valuation
- Child Custody & Visitation
- Child Support
- Collaborative Law
- Complex Property Divisions
- Contempt & Enforcement
- Donor/Surrogacy Agreements
- Family Law
- Post Judgment Modifications & Enforcement
- Premarital and Post-marital Agreements
- Property Division
- St. Mary’s University School of Law, 2009
- J.D., Law- Honors
- Cum laude
- The University of Texas at Austin, 2001
- B.S., Communications, Radio – Television – Film
Honors & Awards
- Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Family Law, Woodward and White Press, 2019 – 2021
- Texas, 2009
- Austin Bar Association
- Board of Directors, 2019 – 2020
- Austin Bar Association, Bench Bar
- Planning Committee member
- Lawyers for Literacy
- Committee member