Few situations are more life-changing than divorce or other family law matters, and Lindsey dedicates her practice to helping clients move forward when the stakes are high.
Lindsey excels in cases involving complex financial issues such as business or stock portfolio valuations and discovery, contested custody disputes, and domestic abuse. With a background as a former prosecutor, Lindsey’s extensive courtroom experience and strategic thinking helps clients to make informed decisions to achieve the best outcomes possible.
Lindsey’s counsel is not only strategic but practical as well. Serving professionals and stay-at-home parents alike, Lindsey recognizes that divorce can present an opportunity for clients to reinvent themselves. She assists them in the pragmatic tasks of starting over, while also working to secure their financial futures and empowering them to take the right next steps.
A graduate of the SMU Dedman School of Law, Lindsey comes to GoransonBain Ausley after previously practicing family law at a boutique law firm. Lindsey also served as an Assistant District Attorney in Dallas County, where she gained meaningful trial experience in the family violence and protective order units. A Dallas native, Lindsey attended the Hockaday School and earned her undergraduate degree from Vanderbilt University. Lindsey is licensed to practice in the Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas, as well as before the Supreme Court of the United States.
Lindsey was selected to be a member of the 2017 Dallas Area Young Lawyers Leadership Class. She is also a member of the Dallas Bar Association and volunteers her time and service at a local women’s shelter.
- Complex Property
- Cohabitation Agreement
- Property Division
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Alimony & Spousal Maintenance
- LGBTQ+ Divorce
- Uncontested Divorce
- Contested Divorce
- High Net Worth Divorce
- Complex Asset Divorce
- Litigated Divorce
- Negotiated Divorce
- High Conflict Divorce
- Appealing a Divorce Decree or Judgment
- Divorce for Business Owners
- Pre-Divorce Guidance
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements
- Modification and Enforcement
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers Under 40, D Magazine, 2021
- Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch © in the field of Family Law, Woodward and White Press, 2021 & 2022
- What Happens When Co-parents Disagree on the COVID Vaccine in Texas? August 17, 2021
- Alcoholism & Child Custody: Protecting a Child’s Safety November 18, 2020
- Job Loss & Child Support During Coronavirus April 1, 2020
- How Domestic Violence Impacts Family Law Cases September 30, 2019
- Dividing Stock Options and Restricted Stock Units in Divorce November 13, 2018
- Tips for Financial Wellness in Divorce July 31, 2018
- Co-author, “What Every Lawyer Needs to Know about CPS Involvement in Cases,” Headnotes, Dallas Bar Association, 2021
- Co-author, “Covid-19 and Family Law: What Every Practitioner Needs to Know.”, Texas Bar Journal, 2019
- Author & presenter, “I Got the Jeep and She Got the Palace: Understanding What is ‘Just and Right’ When Dividing Property in Divorce“, UNT Law Review, 2019
- Presenter, “Overlap Issues in Criminal Law and Family Law”, Dallas Bar Association Criminal Law Section, 2019
- “Marital Property Division”, Accessible Law Review, UNT Dallas College of Law, 2019
- Presenter, “Drafting Emergency Affidavits”, Dallas Association of Paralegals Luncheon, 2018
- Presenter, “Family Law for Domestic Violence Advocates”, Latinos Against Domestic Violence Annual Conference, 2016
- Author, “Evidentiary Tools in Family Violence Cases” – October 2015 DAYL Headnotes, 2015
Videos & Podcasts
- What Is a Standard Possession Schedule?
- 10 Tips on How to Prepare for Your Virtual Hearing
- Does a Parent Have to Pay Child Support if He or She Loses Their Job During this Crisis?
- Will Summer Possession Still Take Place?
- How Do I Manage “Distance Learning” Between Two Homes with My Ex?
- How Coparenting is Affected if a Parent is Potentially Exposed to COVID-19?
- What Have the Courts Done in Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic?
- How Child Support Payment is Determined During Divorce
- “Overlap Issues in Family Law”, Dallas Bar – Criminal Law Section Meeting, Co-Presenter, 2019
- “Drafting Emergency Affidavits”, Dallas Area Paralegal Services Family Law Section, Presenter, 2018
- “Family Law for Domestic Violence Advocates”, Latinos Against Domestic Violence Annual Conference, Presenter, 2016
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Annette Stewart American Inn of Court
- Collaborative Divorce Texas,
- Past Member
- Basic Training, 2018
- Advanced Training, 2018
- College of the State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Area Young Lawyers Leadership Class
- Member, 2017
- Dallas Bar Association
- Women Empowered to Lead (WE LEAD), 2020
- Dallas Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Dallas Bar Association, Collaborative Law Section
- Secretary, 2019
- Hockaday School for Girls
- Alumnae Legal Society, Chair
- Jonathan’s Place
- Board of Directors
- Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists
- Texas Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Texas Family Law Foundation
- Bill Review Committee
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Genesis Women’s Shelter Young Leaders
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, 2011
- J.D., Law
- Vanderbilt University College of Arts and Sciences, 2008
- Magna Cum Laude with High Honors in History, Minor in Philosophy
- Texas, 2012
- Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas and the Supreme Court of the United States