Lerrin Reinecke is an associate who joined GoransonBain Ausley in 2016 from the practice of Diana S. Friedman. From experience, she knows what is at stake in family law cases and helps clients reach resolutions that positively set the stage for the future. Lerrin urges her clients to consider their long-term well-being in making decisions, and not get caught up in momentary emotions or destructive conflict.
As one of six children and a mom of two young children, Lerrin brings a family-oriented perspective to her clients. She makes children’s needs a priority and works with clients to develop effective and long-lasting parenting plans. Lerrin focuses on achieving out-of-court settlements whenever possible, however she is a skilled litigator who will take cases to court if necessary. With each case, Lerrin strives to do everything in her power to serve her clients’ best interests.
Lerrin began her legal career as a Staff Attorney for district court judges in Denver, Colorado, where she worked closely with judges in civil, criminal, and domestic relations courts. She then worked at the Dallas County District Attorney’s Office prosecuting misdemeanor family violence cases. Lerrin utilizes her experience at the prosecutor’s level in empathetically helping clients when domestic violence is involved.
Lerrin received her Juris Doctorate from the University of Denver College of Law in 2008, where she earned the American Jurisprudence Award in Spanish for Lawyers. She is active in the Dallas and Texas Bar Associations family law sections, and also a member of Dallas Association of Young Lawyers. Away from the office, Lerrin enjoys spending time with her close-knit family and her husband, a retina surgeon in Dallas.
- Trial Exhibits: Effective use of exhibits at trial, preparing for trial, pre-trial motions, required spreadsheets, proposed division, proposed schedules, Advanced Family Law Drafting Course, 2013
- Child Custody Evaluation Bill – Drafting of the Orders, Advanced Family Law Drafting Course, 2015
- University of Denver College of Law, 2008
- J.D., Law
- American Jurisprudence Award, Spanish for Lawyers II
- Sports and Entertainment Law Journal
- Academic Achievement Program Tutor, Constitutional Law
- Social Justice Action Group
- University of Texas at Austin, 2005
- B.S., Political Communications with Concentration in Business Foundations
- Texas Zephyrs Service Fraternity
- Dean’s List
- Texas, 2008
- Annette Stewart American Inn of Court
- Texas Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Dallas Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Texas Association of Young Lawyers