Lerrin practices family law with a deep recognition that the choice of a lawyer is one of the most important decisions a client will make, and it affects every step moving forward. She knows what is at stake in family law cases and guides clients toward resolutions that positively set the stage for the future. Lerrin urges her clients to consider their long-term well-being in making decisions, and not get caught up in momentary emotions or destructive conflict.
As one of six children and a mom of three young children, Lerrin brings a family-oriented perspective to her clients. She understands modern families in all of their guises, and draws on her creativity to help clients craft unique solutions for issues such as determining possession schedules and effectively balancing work and parenting. Lerrin is trained in collaborative law and focuses on reaching out-of-court settlements whenever possible; however, she is a skilled litigator who will take cases to court if necessary. With each case, Lerrin works with clients and not just for them, striving to achieve their most important goals.
Lerrin began her legal career in Denver, where she worked closely with judges in civil, criminal, and domestic relations courts. She then joined the Dallas County District Attorney’s Office, prosecuting misdemeanor family violence cases. Lerrin utilizes her experience at the prosecutor’s level in compassionately helping clients when domestic violence is involved.
An associate at GoransonBain Ausley since 2016, Lerrin joined the firm as a member of Diana S. Friedman’s practice since 2013 . She is active in the Dallas and Texas Bar Associations family law sections, and a member of Dallas Association of Young Lawyers and also the Dallas County Medical Society Alliance. Away from the office, Lerrin enjoys spending time with her close-knit family and her husband, an eye surgeon in Dallas.
- Trial Exhibits: Effective use of exhibits at trial, preparing for trial, pre-trial motions, required spreadsheets, proposed division, proposed schedules, Advanced Family Law Drafting Course, 2013
- Child Custody Evaluation Bill – Drafting of the Orders, Advanced Family Law Drafting Course, 2015
- University of Denver College of Law, 2008
- J.D., Law
- American Jurisprudence Award, Spanish for Lawyers II
- Sports and Entertainment Law Journal
- Academic Achievement Program Tutor, Constitutional Law
- Social Justice Action Group
- University of Texas at Austin, 2005
- B.S., Political Communications with Concentration in Business Foundations
- Texas Zephyrs Service Fraternity
- Dean’s List
- Texas, 2008
- Annette Stewart American Inn of Court
- Texas Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Dallas Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Texas Association of Young Lawyers