Kyle is a highly regarded family attorney who draws on deep experience and a competitive nature in seeking to prevail for his clients. A seasoned litigator, mediator, and collaborative lawyer, he handles the gamut of family law matters, with special expertise in complex custody and business cases. In addition, Kyle has cultivated a niche in working with Christians, who often struggle with reconciling divorce and their faith.
Kyle began his legal career as a civil litigator, but realized family law was his calling when he assisted on an extremely complicated divorce case involving multilevel corporations. Understanding family dynamics, Kyle has a heart for protecting the interests of stay-at-home spouses and those who may feel powerless. He gives clients confidence that he will take care of every aspect of their cases.
Prior to graduating from law school, Kyle received an MBA and applies his knowledge to complicated business cases. He is especially skilled in developing innovative approaches when a business can’t be divided. For example, Kyle helped a client who had no background in finance secure a settlement that created new company spin-offs as compensation for his client. Where clients recognize Kyle as a patient listener and strategic planner, the other side knows him as a lawyer who is persistent and stands strong for his clients.
A native of southern Louisiana, Kyle lived for a time as a child in Great Britain, where his father was transferred for the oil industry. Kyle served in the United States Army and was honorably discharged as a Captain. Kyle is a member of the Texas State Bar, and has been elected a Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation and a Fellow of the Collaborative Law College of Texas. He has been selected as a Super Lawyer for 2008 through 2019 as published in Texas Monthly, named as a Best Lawyer in 2011 through 2021 as published in The Best Lawyers in America and US News and World Report, and has been A-rated preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating for legal ability and ethical standards for 20 years.
Kyle and his wife dote on their two perfect grandchildren, and enjoy traveling and scuba diving. Kyle teaches adults in his church, and has participated in numerous parachurch ministries, including Need Him and Habitat for Humanity builds.
- SMU, 1989
- J.D., Law
- Phi Delta Phi
- St. Edwards University, 1986
- Texas A&M,1981
- B.S., Microbiology
Honors & Awards
- Selected to the Texas Super Lawyers list, Thomson Reuters, 2008 – 2019
- Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Family Law, Woodward and White Press, 2011 – 2021
- Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Collaborative Law: Family Law, Woodward and White Press, 2011 – 2021
- AV Rating in Martindale-Hubbell
- Texas, 1989
- Annette Stewart American Inn of Court
- Master member
- Collaborative Divorce Texas (f/k/a Collaborative Law Institute of Texas)
- Advanced Training, 2019
- College of the State Bar
- Collin County Bar Association, Alternative Dispute Resolution Section
- Collin County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Curt B Henderson American Inn of Court
- Master member
- Board member
- Dallas Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Denton County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- State Bar of Texas, Alternative Dispute Resolution Section
- State Bar of Texas, Family Law Section
- The Pro Bono College of Texas
- Texas Family Law Foundation