In her practice, Kristiana has seen the life-changing impact that divorce and child custody issues can have. She not only offers clients a calming presence in the immediate aftermath of a major life change, but also guides them in making the transition to planning for a new—and optimally better—normal.
When serving clients who own small or multigenerational businesses, Kristiana brings an understanding of divorces that involve complex financial and shareholder issues. When advocating for parents, she helps define new roles in family life and strives for thoughtful co-parenting arrangements.
As an attorney trained in Collaborative Divorce, Kristiana works with her clients as a team, offering practical and realistic advice and developing creative solutions not limited by preconceived notions. Kristiana focuses on modern families and she encourages clients to establish priorities and keep them in sight. Overall, Kristiana strives to tailor a resolution that fits each situation, stands the test of time, and does not compound the emotional or financial costs.
When divorce shatters dreams, Kristiana helps families move forward with a roadmap for hopeful new futures.
Kristiana has practiced family law exclusively since 2013. Named a Rising Star by Super Lawyers in 2017, 2018 and 2019, Kristiana is dedicated to empowering women in the law and is a board member of the Mother Attorney Mentor Association of Austin. She is also a Girl Scout troop leader for her daughter, and considers it to be an important part of laying the foundation for future leaders and female entrepreneurs.
- “Which Way Do We Go?”, co-author, Drafting Considerations in Jurisdiction, Advanced Drafting, State Bar of Texas, 2017
- Texas Family Law Foundation’s Annotated Texas Family Code, contributor, 2017
- Texas Tech University School of Law, 2013
- J.D., Law
- Magna cum laude
- Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism, 2006
- Texas Christian University, 2005
- B.S., magna cum laude
- “Modifications”, Victoria Family Law Essentials Seminar, Pro Bono Committee of the Family Law Section of the State Bar of Texas, 2019
- “Divorce 101”, Speaker, Williamson County/WLS Presentation Series, May 2018
Honors & Awards
- Selected to the Texas Rising Star list, Thomson Reuters, 2017 – 2019
- Texas, 2013
- Austin Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Austin Young Lawyers Association
- Collaborative Divorce Austin
- Collaborative Divorce Texas
- College of the State Bar of Texas
- Junior League of Austin
- Mother Attorneys Mentoring Association of Austin
- State Bar of Texas, Family Law Section
- Travis County Women Lawyers Association
- Williamson County Bar Association
- Women Lawyers Section, Williamson County Bar Association
- Vice President