Guiding You Through Divorce, Ethically and Diligently
Kristiana Butler on Your Family and Your Future:
Whether through Collaborative Law, mediation, or the traditional litigation model, I work with clients to develop personalized solutions for a new and better normal. I help clients prioritize goals, generate options, and explore long-term solutions with respect and support. From LGBTQIA+ parenting to buyouts of business interests, I provide a thoughtful and empathetic approach to protecting the people and things you value most.
- Put family first by creating unique schedules and decision-making processes that work for clients and their children.
- Provide guidance when dividing complex portfolios and business interests.
- Protect relationships by treating clients, opposing parties, and opposing counsel with respect.
- Maintain or create security by structuring financial settlements that meet clients’ needs.
- Empower clients by providing access to a network of financial and mental health professionals.
Trained in family law mediation and Collaborative Law, Kristiana relies on strong principles to get clients over the finish line. Described as someone with “obvious moral and ethical views to help people who are vulnerable,” she provides compassionate advocacy.
Kristiana has exclusively practiced family law since 2013. She was named a five-time Rising Star by Super Lawyers (2017-2021) and a Top Attorney in Austin Monthly Magazine (2020, 2021). She is included in the 2021 Inaugural Edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch.
Dedicated to empowering and advancing women in the law, Kristiana serves as a board member of the Mother Attorney Mentor Association of Austin and will serve as co-president of the 1,000-member organization from Fall 2021-2023. She was a member of the 2020 class of the Austin Bar Association/Austin Young Lawyers Association Leadership Academy and is active in the pro bono community.
Kristiana is the proud parent of an elementary-aged daughter. When not practicing law, she spends time as a Girl Scout Troop Leader and member of The Junior League of Austin.
- Complex Property
- Cohabitation Agreement
- Property Division
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Alimony & Spousal Maintenance
- LGBTQ+ Divorce
- Uncontested Divorce
- Contested Divorce
- High Net Worth Divorce
- Complex Asset Divorce
- Collaborative Divorce
- Negotiated Divorce
- Litigated Divorce
- Divorce for Business Owners
- Appealing a Divorce Decree or Judgment
- Pre-Divorce Guidance
- High Conflict Divorce
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements
- Modification and Enforcement
Honors & Awards
- Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch © in the field of Family Law, Woodward and White Press, 2020-2022
- Austin’s Top Attorneys, Austin Monthly Magazine, 2020
- Selected to the Texas Rising Star list, Thomson Reuters, 2017 – 2020
- Remote Learning and Child Custody September 2, 2020
- Expect the Unexpected: COVID-19 and Possession Schedules in the 2020-21 School Year June 9, 2020
- How to Successfully Navigate Co-Parenting During Coronavirus Webinar April 22, 2020
- Sheltering-in-Place and Intimate Partner Violence: Seeking Help During an Emergency March 27, 2020
- “Family Law Settlement Agreements: Rule 11s, ISAs, MSAs, Collaborative Settlement Agreements, and Arbitration”, author, State Bar of Texas, 2020
- “Drafting Enforceable Orders”, author, Advanced Family Law 101, State Bar of Texas, 2019
- “Professionalism: Lessons Learned”, co-author, Advanced Family Law, State Bar of Texas, 2019
- “Which Way Do We Go?”, co-author, Drafting Considerations in Jurisdiction, Advanced Drafting, State Bar of Texas, 2017
- Texas Family Law Foundation’s Annotated Texas Family Code, contributor, 2017
Videos & Podcasts
- “Family Law Settlement Agreements: Rule 11s, ISAs, MSAs, Collaborative Settlement Agreements, and Arbitration, presenter, State Bar of Texas, 2020
- “Temporary Orders,” Volunteer Legal Services Divorce Basics Seminar, 2019
- “Social Media, Discovery and Ethics”, State Bar of Texas Paralegal Division, TAPS Seminar, 2019
- “Modifications”, Victoria Family Law Essentials Seminar, Pro Bono Committee of the Family Law Section of the State Bar of Texas, 2019
- “Divorce 101”, Speaker, Williamson County/WLS Presentation Series, May 2018
- Austin Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Austin Young Lawyers Association
- Collaborative Divorce Austin
- Collaborative Divorce Texas
- College of the State Bar of Texas
- Junior League of Austin
- Mother Attorneys Mentoring Association of Austin
- State Bar of Texas, Family Law Section
- Travis County Women Lawyers Association
- Williamson County Bar Association
- Williamson County Bar Association, Women Lawyers Section
- Vice President
- Trained family law mediator in accordance with Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code Section 154.052(b), 2020
- Texas Tech University School of Law, 2013
- J.D., Law
- Magna cum laude
- Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism, 2006
- Texas Christian University, 2005
- B.S., magna cum laude
- Texas, 2013