Clients considering divorce and child custody actions need to know what options are available, take a realistic look at potential outcomes, and work through a cost-benefit analysis to determine the right course of action for their situation. Kristiana works with clients to develop a plan for a new and better normal.
Kristiana provides a pragmatic but empathetic and open-minded approach. When advocating for parents, she helps define new roles in family life and strives for thoughtful co-parenting arrangements. When navigating the division of complex portfolios and business interests, Kristiana works with clients to determine what priorities make sense for them.
As an attorney trained in Collaborative Divorce, Kristiana works with her clients as a team, offering practical and realistic advice while developing creative solutions that are not bound by traditional or preconceived notions. Kristiana believes clients of all lifestyles deserve respect and support, and she provides a safe space to work through the unique needs of modern families without judgment. She encourages clients to establish priorities and keep them in sight. Overall, Kristiana strives to tailor a resolution that fits each situation and stands the test of time.
Kristiana helps clients and their children move forward with a roadmap for hopeful new futures.
Kristiana has exclusively practiced family law since 2013. Named a Rising Star by Super Lawyers in 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020, she is dedicated to empowering women in the law and is a board member of the Mother Attorney Mentor Association of Austin. Kristiana is a member of the 2020 class of the Austin Bar Association/Austin Young Lawyers Association Leadership Academy, a member of the Junior League of Austin, and proudly serves as a Girl Scout troop leader for her daughter.
- “Family Law Settlement Agreements: Rule 11s, ISAs, MSAs, Collaborative Settlement Agreements, and Arbitration”, author, State Bar of Texas, 2020
- “Drafting Enforceable Orders”, author, Advanced Family Law 101, State Bar of Texas, 2019
- “Professionalism: Lessons Learned”, co-author, Advanced Family Law, State Bar of Texas, 2019
- “Which Way Do We Go?”, co-author, Drafting Considerations in Jurisdiction, Advanced Drafting, State Bar of Texas, 2017
- Texas Family Law Foundation’s Annotated Texas Family Code, contributor, 2017
- Trained family law mediator in accordance with Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code Section 154.052(b), 2020
- Texas Tech University School of Law, 2013
- J.D., Law
- Magna cum laude
- Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism, 2006
- Texas Christian University, 2005
- B.S., magna cum laude
- “Family Law Settlement Agreements: Rule 11s, ISAs, MSAs, Collaborative Settlement Agreements, and Arbitration, presenter, State Bar of Texas, 2020
- “Social Media, Discovery and Ethics”, State Bar of Texas Paralegal Division, TAPS Seminar, 2019
- “Modifications”, Victoria Family Law Essentials Seminar, Pro Bono Committee of the Family Law Section of the State Bar of Texas, 2019
- “Divorce 101”, Speaker, Williamson County/WLS Presentation Series, May 2018
Honors & Awards
- Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch © in the field of Family Law, Woodward and White Press, 2021
- Austin’s Top Attorneys, Austin Monthly Magazine, 2020
- Selected to the Texas Rising Star list, Thomson Reuters, 2017 – 2019
- Texas, 2013
- Austin Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Austin Young Lawyers Association
- Collaborative Divorce Austin
- Collaborative Divorce Texas
- College of the State Bar of Texas
- Junior League of Austin
- Mother Attorneys Mentoring Association of Austin
- State Bar of Texas, Family Law Section
- Travis County Women Lawyers Association
- Williamson County Bar Association
- Williamson County Bar Association, Women Lawyers Section
- Vice President