Jeff is a highly experienced litigator, mediator, and collaborative law attorney. With such a versatile skill set, he is exceptionally equipped to advise clients on the best approach to resolve their family law matter, and achieve an outcome that is ultimately successful. Jeff manages the full range of family law issues, with special expertise in high net worth business and complex property cases.
Time as a civil business litigator early in Jeff’s career honed his technical skills and business acumen. He is adept at handling complex property cases involving partnerships, business valuation and asset tracing. When representing business owners, Jeff protects their interests in determining how assets are to be divided. When assisting non-moneyed spouses, he ensures they understand finances and secure resources for their post-divorce lives.
Jeff’s style blends compassion with discipline. He recognizes that clients come to him at a difficult, often emotional time in their lives. While listening carefully to their concerns, he also works with them to develop realistic goals and plans for their future. Jeff helps his clients to make informed and well-advised decisions that will serve them long term. Jeff sees divorce from his clients’ perspective: they only have their one case, their unique situation, and deserve a unique solution. He uses all of his considerable resources to achieve that end for each of his clients.
Jeff is Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. He is rated “AV” by his peers which is the highest rating in legal ability and ethical standards. In addition, Jeff has been selected as a “Super Lawyer” in Family Law by Texas lawyers as published in Texas Monthly.
A native of Ohio, Jeff and his wife Debra have two grown children, Jessica and Brandon. He is proud that they both graduated college with honors, are working and “off the payroll.” Away from the office, Jeff enjoys golf, playing piano and guitar, and traveling.
Giving back to community has been of great importance to Jeff throughout his 30-year career as a Texas attorney. He provides many pro bono mediations for Denton County and North Texas each year.
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, 1981
- J.D., Law
- Syracuse University,1978
Honors & Awards
- Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Family Law, Woodward and White Press, 2019 – 2021
- Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Family Law Mediation, Woodward and White Press, 2019 – 2021
- Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Collaborative Law: Family Law, Woodward and White Press, 2019 – 2021
- Selected to the Texas Super Lawyers list, Thomson Reuters, 2010 – 2019
- AV rating, Martindale-Hubbell Legal Directory
- Texas, 1986
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- Collaborative Law Dallas
- President, 2011 – 2012
- Collaborative Divorce Texas (f/k/a Collaborative Law Institute of Texas)