In her practice, Hayley Collins provides the full range of family law counsel to her clients, with a special emphasis on complex custody and property cases. Hayley enjoys representing a diverse spectrum of clients, including professionals, executives and their spouses. Hayley successfully helps clients reach agreed resolutions that are in their best interests.
Hayley brings creativity and legal expertise to clients with unique custody issues, such as special needs children, parents who travel frequently, parental addictions, and parents or children with mental illness or other health issues. Prioritizing the needs of children, she helps parents develop customized parenting plans that address the specific needs of their family. Hayley also has an affinity for property cases, including cases that involve business interests, executive compensation, and other complex assets . She is skilled in helping clients to identify, characterize, and value assets, to trace and confirm their separate property, and to favorably divide marital property.
Hayley is a strong advocate of mediation. She believes it offers clients the benefit of extended time to negotiate and reach agreement, and allows them to remain in control of the process. Hayley is also trained in Collaborative Law, adding to her experience in alternative dispute resolution. Whether through an out of court settlement or litigation, Hayley informs and guides clients to reach a constructive and efficient resolution.
Known for her preparation and analytical skills, Hayley received her undergraduate degree from Southern Methodist University, and graduated from St. Louis University School of Law, where she was a Dagen Fellowship Award Recipient. Away from her practice Hayley serves as an enthusiastic mentor with Big Brothers Big Sisters.
Areas of Practice
- Alimony & Maintenance
- Child Custody & Visitation
- Collaborative Law
- Complex Property Divisions
- Contempt & Enforcement
- Family Law
- LGBT Child Custody Disputes
- LGBT Family Planning
- Post Judgment Modifications & Enforcement
- Premarital and Post-marital Agreements
- Property Division
- Saint Louis University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri, 2011
- J.D., Law
- Southern Methodist University, 2008
- B.A., English and Philosophy
- LGBTQIA: Family Law Update, Presentation at Insights Collaborative Therapy Group to the DFW LGBTQIA Professionals Group, 2015
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers Under 40, D Magazine, 2018
- Selected to the Texas Rising Star list, Thomson Reuters, 2015 – 2017
- Texas, 2011
- Annette Stewart American Inn of Court
- Collin County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Dallas Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- State Bar of Texas, Family Law, LGBT Law, Juvenile Law, and Women and the Law Section
- Texas Family Law Foundation