Esther Donald is an excellent resource in all areas of family law and particularly accomplished in cases where children are involved. A parent and stepparent herself, she mixes her life experiences with logic, patience and persuasion to move even the most emotional cases toward a favorable and cost-effective resolution.
Esther listens closely and asks the right questions. This helps her identify what a client really needs to accomplish and how to tackle it. Her background in commercial litigation helps maximize her client’s success in property division. And her insistence on putting the children first keeps her clients focused on the most important issues in custody disputes. Esther’s skill set has benefited a wide range of clients — from the teenage basketball star served with a paternity case, to the stay-home mom facing an unwanted divorce, to the business executive trying to protect retirement assets.
While comfortable in the courtroom, she has learned that the best resolution often comes from an expertly negotiated settlement. She analyzes each case in partnership with her client. What is non-negotiable? What strengths can be leveraged? What can be conceded? And if settlement is not possible, how can the best outcome be achieved in court? The goal is always to maximize results – yet those results never look exactly the same from client to client.
Esther’s family law experience shows that positive communication and successful co-parenting are realistic possibilities after divorce. Her greatest reward is helping clients successfully reconfigure their families and move on with their lives.
She is actively involved in the Dallas Jewish community and has been a longtime volunteer in her children’s schools. Her own blended family is happily chaotic and highly functional, and she wishes nothing less for her clients.
Areas of Practice
- Alimony & Maintenance
- Asset and Wealth Identification & Valuation
- Child Custody & Visitation
- Child Support
- Complex Property Division
- Contempt & Enforcement
- CPS Cases
- Family Law
- Grandparent’s Rights
- Post-Judgment Modifications and Enforcement
- Premarital & Post-marital Agreements
- Property Division
- Termination & Step-Parent Adoption
- University of Texas School of Law, 1988
- J.D., Law
- Texas Law Review, Associate Editor
- University of Texas at Austin, 1985
- B.A., English with Honors
Honors & Awards
- Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Family Law, Woodward and White Press, 2017 – 2019
- Selected to the Texas Super Lawyers list, Thomson Reuters, 2016 – 2018
- Licensed to Practice in Texas 1988
- Admitted to practice in Northern District of Texas
- Admitted to practice in Eastern District of Texas
- Annette Stewart Inn of Court
- Collaborative Divorce Texas (f/k/a Collaborative Law Institute of Texas)
- Collin County Bar Association, ADR/ Collaborative Law and Family Law Section
- Curt B. Henderson American Inn of Court
- Dallas Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Dallas Bar Association, Collaborative Law Section
- Vice Chair, 2018 – 2019
- State Bar of Texas, Family Law Section
- Texas Family Law Foundation