Angelica is passionate about practicing family law and helping clients in difficult circumstances successfully transition into the next phase of their lives. Angelica advises on a wide range of family law matters, including financial and children issues, including complicated child custody matters. She guides clients in establishing a solid financial footing and making sound decisions for their children’s future.
Angelica is an empathetic lawyer who strives to understand her clients’ situations. She informs her clients about the law, projects likely outcomes, and encourages clients to make informed choices based on the facts. Above all, she wants clients to know that she is invested in their cases to achieve the best results possible.
Angelica realized her interest in family law while clerking for the Legal Aid Society of Lubbock after her first year in law school. In her third year of law school, she was selected to be a member of the Texas Tech Family Law & Housing Clinic. There, she assisted indigent members of the community in a wide range of contested and uncontested cases. Angelica is currently a volunteer family law attorney for Volunteer Legal Services, Jane’s Due Process, the Texas advocacy project and the Texas Here to Stay Clinic. Angelica speaks fluent Spanish and is proficient in Portuguese.
Areas of Practice
- Co-Author, “Daubert and Other Pre-Trial Matters” 2017 Advanced Family Law Course.
- Author, Access Denied: Why the Supreme Court’s Decision in Shelby v. Holder May Disenfranchise Texas Minority Voters, 46 TEX. TECH L. REV. 519 (2014).
- Texas Tech School of Law, 2014
- J.D., Law
- Texas Tech Law Review: Student Writing Editor Volume 46
- University of Texas at Austin, 2011
- B.A., Government, Plan II Honors
- “Dealing with Social Media and Your Divorce”, Victoria Family Law Essentials Seminar, Pro Bono Committee of the Family Law Section of the State Bar of Texas, 2019
- Texas, 2014
- Austin Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Austin Young Lawyers Association
- Collaborative Divorce Texas
- State Bar of Texas, Family Law
- State Bar of Texas Leadership Class
- Member, 2019 – 2020
- How to Successfully Navigate Co-Parenting During Coronavirus Webinar
- What Divorced Couples Need to Know About Stimulus Checks
- Marriage, Mortgages, and Millennials
- 5 Tips for Telling Your Children About the Divorce