From experience, Angel knows how important it is for clients to have a lawyer they can trust by their side. Angel earns her clients’ confidence by listening to what matters to them, understanding their goals, and guiding them to make sound decisions that move their lives forward.
Angel recognizes that divorce can seem overwhelming and complicated. She excels at simplifying matters, developing options, and discussing how clients’ choices could affect them and their children. Angel encourages clients to preserve family relationships to the extent possible and to make decisions that will be beneficial now and in the future. Angel’s goal is always to secure the best possible outcome for her client, whether that is through strategic negotiation or tenacious representation in court.
Practicing exclusively family law for more than 15 years, Angel offers extensive experience in managing large asset cases. She is skilled in solving both the financial and child custody needs of her clients. Angel’s clients include executives, physicians, and working parents who want to minimize the impact of divorce on their children’s lives. She is known for her attention to detail and preparation in achieving successful results for clients, both inside and outside the courtroom.
Angel has been Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization since 2010 and was named a “Texas Rising Star” by Thompson Reuters. She has also been recognized as a “Best Lawyer” in family law by U.S. News-Best Lawyers in America. Away from her practice, Angel lives for her two children, who provide an excuse to play games, bake cookies, see kid movies, and indulge in popcorn and candy.
- The University of Houston Law Center, 2004
- J.D., Law
- Texas A&M University, 2001
- B.S., Political Science, Cum Laude
- Distinguished Student
- Dean’s Honor Roll
- Golden Key National Honor Society
- “Who What When & Where of Marital Property & Divorce”, Capital Title, Panelist, 2019
- Television appearance with Fox 4 News, 2009
- Empowering Women in Transition, Mowery Capital Management, 2014
Honors & Awards
- Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Family Law, Woodward and White Press, 2021
- Selected to the Texas Rising Star list, Thomson Reuters, 2012- 2018
- Texas, 2004
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Collin County Bar Association, ADR/ Collaborative Law Section and Family Law Section
- Curt B. Henderson American Inn of Court
- Dallas Bar Association, Family Law Section
- State Bar of Texas, Family Law and Collaborative Law Section
- Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists
- Texas Family Law Foundation
- St. Jude Partners in Hope