From her experience in family law, Angel knows how important it is for clients to have a lawyer by their side they can trust. Angel earns her clients’ confidence by listening to their stories, making realistic decisions in their best interests, and helping them to see a positive way forward in their lives.
Divorce can be the most difficult of times, and Angel understands that it can seem overwhelming and complicated to clients. She excels in simplifying matters for clients, explaining their options, and discussing how their choices could affect them and their families. With a focus on keeping families as intact as possible, Angel encourages clients to make decisions that are beneficial both now and in the future. Angel’s goal is always to secure the best, least destructive outcome, whether that is through problem-solving negotiation or aggressive representation in court.
An extremely organized lawyer, Angel is experienced in managing cases with large assets. She is especially attuned to solving the financial needs of her clients, whether it is the spouse who must move forward without a breadwinner or the spouse who wants to make sure he or she is keeping a fair share of the estate they worked so hard to create. She believes that preparation is a key to achieving successful outcomes for her clients, both in and outside of the courtroom.
Angel joined GoransonBain Ausley in 2016 to practice with lawyers with a reputation in the community for being both highly competent and reasonable. Board-certified in family law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Angel has been named a Rising Star by Texas Super Lawyers- Thomson Reuters. Away from her practice she lives for her two children, who provide an excuse to play games, bake cookies, see kid movies and indulge in popcorn and candy.
She was recently featured in Frisco Enterprise.
- The University of Houston Law Center, 2004
- J.D., Law
- Texas A&M University, 2001
- B.S., Political Science, Cum Laude
- Distinguished Student
- Dean’s Honor Roll
- Golden Key National Honor Society
- “Who What When & Where of Marital Property & Divorce”, Capital Title, Panelist, 2019
- Television appearance with Fox 4 News, 2009
- Empowering Women in Transition, Mowery Capital Management, 2014
Honors & Awards
- Selected to the Texas Rising Star list, Thomson Reuters, 2012- 2018
- Texas, 2004
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Collin County Bar Association, ADR/ Collaborative Law Section and Family Law Section
- Curt B. Henderson American Inn of Court
- Dallas Bar Association, Family Law Section
- State Bar of Texas, Family Law and Collaborative Law Section
- Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists
- Texas Family Law Foundation
- St. Jude Partners in Hope