Divorce is a controversial subject among people of faith. When Christians go through divorce, they need an attorney who will be aggressive yet maintain an eternal focus. Whether your spouse is struggling with the 3 A’s (Abandonment, Addiction or Abuse), or whether you are just looking for a Christ-centered counselor who can offer biblically sound advice, Jeff Domen can grant you the peace of mind to navigate family law issues with honor.
Jeff Domen recognizes that divorce is new and unfamiliar to most individuals, and he works to create peace of mind by explaining the legal process and helping clients navigate the emotional roller coaster with a focus on hope, dignity, and prosperity. Believing that divorcing individuals need a clearly defined pathway, Mr. Domen assists clients in identifying their goals and developing a strategy to accomplish them. He is committed to managing clients’ most important assets—including children, money, and property—with dignity and respect.
Mr. Domen passionately advocates for his clients’ best interests, whether that means reaching a settlement out of court or going to trial. He is proud of his most recent achievement—winning a jury trial by 12-0 to secure primary custody of two children for his client.
Voted Best Lawyers in America in 2013 and 2014, a Rising Star in Texas from 2008-2014 from Thomson Reuters, and an equity partner at Goranson Bain, Mr. Domen is a graduate of Baylor University School of Law. He is a member of the Collin, Dallas and Denton County Bar Association and serves in many capacities within those organizations. Mr. Domen is a member of Hope Fellowship Church where he is active in the Adventure Kids Ministry and lives in Frisco with his wife and four children. His competitive nature is not only fulfilled in the courtroom, but also through local sports leagues, where he plays soccer, baseball and coaches youth sports.
Mr. Domen speaks at continuing legal education seminars across the state on family law topics, trial strategies, and ways to keep children safe from an alcoholic spouse. Further, Mr. Domen and his wife, Melanie, teach classes on parenting based on the book, “Loving Our Kids On Purpose,” by Danny Silk.
Areas of Practice
- Child Support
- Custody, Possession, & Visitation
- Family Law
- Premarital & Post-Marital Agreements
- Alimony & Maintenance
- Contempt & Enforcement
- Collaborative Law
- Complex Property Divisions
- Texas Annotated Family Code , LexisNexis-Editor , 2010
- Texas Practice Guide , Family Law – Editor , 2005
- Baylor University School of Law, 2000
- J.D., Law
- Baylor University, 1997
- B.A., Political Science
Honors & Awards
- Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Family Law, Woodward and White Press, 2013 – 2014
- Selected to the Texas Super Lawyers List, Thomson Reuters, 2014 – 2015
- Selected to the Texas Rising Star list, Thomson Reuters, 2008 – 2014
- Interim Associate Judge – Dallas Family Courts, 2011
- Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation
- Board Certified – Family Law
- Texas, 2000
- Collin County Bar Association, Member & Director
- Dallas County Bar Association, Member
- Denton County Bar Association, Member
- Frisco Bar Association
- Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee, Member , 2009 – 2012
- Collaborative Law Institute of Texas
- “Jeff represented my wife and our daughter through a very difficult custody situation for an excruciating 7 year period. There were no less than 4 different cases opened and Jeff was our godsend, legal “angel”. Not only did the results of Jeff’s work protect our daughter from an abusive and narcissistic bio-Dad, but in the end, I was able to adopt my step-daughter and remove all traces of that negative person from her life. His tenacity, fairness and knowledge was beyond reproach and his passion to achieve he best outcome for his clients’ is unmatched. I cannot find enough positive words to express our families’ gratitude for Jeff and his unbelievable dedication to Texas Family Law. You would be blessed to have Jeff represent you and your family’s interests.” – John, 2014
- “Mr. Domen did an excellent job handling my divorce case. He was fast, responsive and diligent about making decisions in my best interest. I have worked with a number of lawyers in the past and Mr. Domen is a top-notch and professional lawyer. I would highly recommend Mr. Domen.” – Anonymous, 2014
- “I interviewed 8 law firms looking for someone whom I felt I could trust, would take my case as serious as if it were their own, and would treat the opposing party with respect, yet still make sure my rights were upheld and defended. Concluding my first interview with Jeff Domen, I knew he would meet all the criteria that I was looking for in my divorce… without a doubt, I knew I had found someone who would treat my soon-to-be ex spouse with respect and dignity while making sure that the seperation was fair and equitable to us both. When we met again to go through the details of my case, Jeff made sure that I was prepared with all documentation for him to fully understand our circumstances. Thus, he was clearly organized and prepared to advise me on how to make the seperation as painless, yet fair as possible to us both. When situations would arise where my rights were being infringed upon, Jeff valiantly and professionally made sure that my rights were upheld and defended in a civil manner. I found Jeff to be extremely open, honest, and easy to communicate with under the circumstances. He was able to be understanding, yet very upfront and honest during such a difficult situation while still treating us all with respect and dignity. I could not give Jeff a recommendation any higher than this one. I was in a tough spot with the opposing party, their counsel, and the situation looked bleak. But Jeff was able to help me understand my rights, what to expect, and prepare me for the good and the bad. He was able to get what was right, fair, and equitable for me. This, i didn’t think was possible going into the situation, as the opposing party with the help of their counsel had been preparing for over a year for the divorce. Jeff took care of that!!! I wish i had Jeff for a neighbor! Good people may seem hard to find when going through a tough situation like a divorce, but I knew after the first meeting that Jeff was not just a good person, but that Jeff is a GREAT person… who just happens to be in the family law business. I give thanks to Jeff everytime I look into the eyes of my children and our future together.” – Jamison, 2013
- “From the first time my husband and I met Jeff, he gave us options. He presented us with facts about both sides of our case. One of the best things about Jeff is he listened to us, and wasted no time getting started working for us. He was diligent in all aspects of our case and his preparation for trial was beyond what I could have hoped for. Jeff brought his heart to our case. He was always available to us and made us feel like a priority. Jeff was prepared, professional, personable, and great at his job. We will use Jeff in the future for any other family law matter.
Jeff also surrounds himself with the best staff. His paralegal, Debby, is truly amazing. Her attention to detail in preparing documents made all the difference in our case. I cannot say in words what Jeff Domen and his staff have meant to our family. It is because of Jeff that we brought our precious son home.” – Sandra, 2013
- “Masterful – That’s the word that came to mind as I watched Jeff Domen in court representing my wife and I in an adoption case, which had gone awry. That I was so impressed wasn’t a surprise, since every aspect of his involvement in our case up to that point had been consummately professional. He was incredibly well prepared and singularly focused. And, in a turbulent and stressful time for us, Jeff was also a calming and reassuring presence. There is nothing more you can hope for than a lawyer who truly cares about your case and possesses the wisdom and experience to handle it effectively. No attorney can guarantee you’ll prevail, but I promise you, this one will leave everything on the field. By the way, Jeff did prevail in our case, and we got to bring our baby boy home just in time for Thanksgiving.” – Dave, 2013
- “My case sat cold for a year with a named partner with another firm prior to Mr Domen becoming my lawyer. I have great appreciation and respect of his knowledge and skill as a lawyer and person. Mr. Domen’s direct communication style and ability to educate me through the process was immediate and refreshing. He not only counseled me through the legal issues, but he also took the time to understand some underlying issues around the case and offer personal counsel as well as great referrals for what seemed to be a “holistic package”. He made the hardest decision I ever had to make easier and clearer than most. I believe the true “feather in his cap” is when my ex-husband fired his attorney and asked to split the cost to have Mr. Domen complete the process. I would describe him as a bulldog that stays on top of his cases and drives for the best results for his clients. At no time during the process did I feel that Mr. Domen didn’t have my and my children’s best interest prioritized. He is amazing and I would HIGHLY recommend him to my closest friends and family. I also can’t say enough about his wonderful staff! Thanks, Debby!” – Anonymous, 2012
- “Mr Domen is an excellent lawyer who not only helped me attain a reasonable divorce settlement but one where I was named custodial parent and allowed to relocate with my 2 boys back to my home state after a short stay in Texas. My divorce process with my wife was often contentious and filled with un truths. Mr Domen was insightful, flexible and able to utilize a team of professionals that brought the truth out thus allowing my case to be mediated before going to trial. That tbeing said , Mr Domen and his team were thoroughly prepared and I am confident that a trial would have been favorable for me as well. In addition to being named the custodial parent, I was granted child support $$, the ability to relocate back home out of state after just a short time in Texas and I have primary decision making with regards to healthcare, education, etc. As a man and father, you can imagine how difficult this was to attain. My boys are extremely happy to be back home and this could not have been accomplished without Mr Domens’s understanding, compassion and expertise. While divorce is a life changing event and one that should be avoided whenever possible, once divorce is inevitable I believe one should obtain the proper legal advice and assistance that will protect your rights. For me Jeff Domen was the lawyer who made the seemingly impossible possible. I will forever be grateful and I cannot recommend him enough. If you are looking for a smart and aggressive lawyer who will represent you and your rights, then Jeff Domen should be high on your list.” – Anonymous, 2012