Divorce is a controversial subject among people of faith. When Christians go through divorce, they need an attorney who will be aggressive yet maintain an eternal focus. Whether your spouse is struggling with the 3 A’s (Abandonment, Addiction or Abuse), or whether you are just looking for a Christ-centered counselor who can offer biblically sound advice, Jeff Domen can grant you the peace of mind to navigate family law issues with honor.
Jeff Domen recognizes that divorce is new and unfamiliar to most individuals, and he works to create peace of mind by explaining the legal process and helping clients navigate the emotional roller coaster with a focus on hope, dignity, and prosperity. Believing that divorcing individuals need a clearly defined pathway, Mr. Domen assists clients in identifying their goals and developing a strategy to accomplish them. He is committed to managing clients’ most important assets—including children, money, and property—with dignity and respect.
Mr. Domen passionately advocates for his clients’ best interests, whether that means reaching a settlement out of court or going to trial. He is proud of his most recent achievement—winning a jury trial by 12-0 to secure primary custody of two children for his client.
Voted Best Lawyers in America in 2013 and 2014, a Rising Star in Texas from 2008-2014 from Thomson Reuters, and an equity partner at Goranson Bain, Mr. Domen is a graduate of Baylor University School of Law. He is a member of the Collin, Dallas and Denton County Bar Association and serves in many capacities within those organizations. Mr. Domen is a member of Hope Fellowship Church where he is active in the Adventure Kids Ministry and lives in Frisco with his wife and four children. His competitive nature is not only fulfilled in the courtroom, but also through local sports leagues, where he plays soccer, baseball and coaches youth sports.
Mr. Domen speaks at continuing legal education seminars across the state on family law topics, trial strategies, and ways to keep children safe from an alcoholic spouse. Further, Mr. Domen and his wife, Melanie, teach classes on parenting based on the book, “Loving Our Kids On Purpose,” by Danny Silk.
Areas of Practice
- Child Support
- Custody, Possession, & Visitation
- Family Law
- Premarital & Post-Marital Agreements
- Alimony & Maintenance
- Contempt & Enforcement
- Collaborative Law
- Complex Property Divisions
- Texas Annotated Family Code , LexisNexis-Editor , 2010
- Texas Practice Guide , Family Law – Editor , 2005
- Baylor University School of Law, 2000
- J.D., Law
- Baylor University, 1997
- B.A., Political Science
Honors & Awards
- Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Family Law, Woodward and White Press, 2013 – 2014
- Selected to the Texas Super Lawyers List, Thomson Reuters, 2014
- Selected to the Texas Rising Star list, Thomson Reuters, 2008 – 2014
- Interim Associate Judge – Dallas Family Courts, 2011
- Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation
- Board Certified – Family Law
- Texas, 2000
- Collin County Bar Association, Member & Director
- Dallas County Bar Association, Member
- Denton County Bar Association, Member
- Frisco Bar Association
- Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee, Member , 2009 – 2012
- Collaborative Law Institute of Texas