Angeline Lindley Bain
As a former child abuse caseworker and judge, Angie has witnessed firsthand the destruction that protracted conflict causes in families. Her experience has led her to believe strongly in interest-based settlements of family conflict. She encourages her clients to consider the collaborative law practice, because it allows them to fashion their own solutions and begin anew in the best manner possible. As a widely recognized advocate of collaborative law, Angie has traveled around the U.S. teaching the process to other lawyers, psychologists and financial professionals.
Angie began her law career in 1987 as a law clerk for the U.S. District Court in the Northern District of Texas. After her clerkship, she joined Tom Goranson in a family law practice. From 1992 to 1995 she served as an Associate Judge in both the 256th and 254th Judicial District Courts. She returned to practice family law with Mr. Goranson and Paula Larsen in 1996, building the firm that exists today.
Board certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Angie is active on the speaking circuit of the State Bar of Texas. She is a member of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers.
Angie has served on the board of the Dallas Child Advocacy Center and Planned Parenthood of North Texas. Her other passions include family, farming and travel.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
Certified Legal Specialties
- Board Certified in Family Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 1993
- Texas, 1987
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 1987
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, Dallas, Texas
- J.D. cum laude - 1987
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- Honors: Chairperson, Law Fellows Tutorial Barristers
- Honors: Sarah T. Hughes Federal Courts Award
- Honors: Koons, Rasor, Fuller & McCurley Family Law Award
- Law Journal: Journal of Air Law & Commerce, Staff Editor
- Texas A&M University
- B.S. cum laude - 1976
- How to Deal With the Difficult Lawyer, Dallas Bar Association, Legal Ethics Seminar, 2005
- Collaborative Law and the Mental Health Professional, The Reunion Institute-a-Program of Salesmanship Club, 2005
- Difficult Collaborative Law Negotiations, 2005
- Same Sex Parenting, 2005 Advanced Family Law Seminar, State Bar of Texas
- Dealing with the Difficult Lawyer, 2004 Advanced Family Law Course, State Bar of Texas, 2004
- Summary Judgment Practice in Family Law, 2003 Advanced Family Law Course, State Bar of Texas, 2003
- Characterization: 20 Questions, 20 Answers, 2001 Advanced Family Law Course, State Bar of Texas Workshop Presentation, 2002
- Creative Uses of Summary Judgment, Advanced Family Course, State Bar of Texas, 2001
- Voluminous Document Control, Advanced Family Law Course, State Bar of Texas, 2000
- Practicing Law for Fun and Profit, Advanced Family Law Course, State Bar of Texas, 1999
- Infant Visitation: Expectation of Parties, Child Development Issues, Practicalities, Advanced Family Law Course, State Bar of Texas, 1998
- Defending Against the Financial Temporary Hearing, Marriage Dissolution Institute, State Bar of Texas, 1997
- Evidence -- Get a Grip, Advanced Family Law Course for Legal Assistants and Other Professionals, State Bar of Texas, Legal Assistant's Division, 1996
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty, Marriage Dissolution Institute, State Bar of Texas, 1996
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty, Dallas Chapter of the Texas Society of CPAs, 1996
- An Asset & Liability Primer, Dallas Bar Association Family Law Pro Bono Seminar, 1996
- Child Custody and Visitation Seminar, National Business Institute, 1996
- Sexual Abuse Allegations in Custody Cases, Marriage Dissolution Institute, State Bar of Texas, 1995
- Pre-Trial Proceedings -- Use of Stipulations, Marriage Dissolution Institute, State Bar of Texas, 1994
- Temporary Orders Hearings, Dallas Bar Association, Pro Bono Training, 1994
- Beyond the Guidelines: Creative Use of the Child Support Guidelines, Tarrant County Bar Association, Family Law Section, 1992
- Your Rights In Custody Hearings: Preparing For and Being Deposed, Associated Speech Language Pathologists and Audiologists, 1992
- Examination of the Expert: How to Dress and Un-dress the CPA on the Witness Stand, Dallas Chapter of the Texas Society of CPAs, 1992
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Selected for inclusion in the list of "Top 10 Texas Super Lawyers”, Thomson Reuters 2009.
- Selected for inclusion in the list of "Top 50 Women Attorneys in Texas”, Thomson Reuters for the years 2003-2011.
- Selected for inclusion in the list of “Top 100 Texas Super Lawyers”, Thomson Reuters for the years 2004-2006 and 2009- 2011.
- Selected for inclusion in the list of “Top 100 Lawyers of Dallas/Fort Worth Region”, Thomson Reuters for the years 2003, 2004-2006, 2008-2011.
- Selected for inclusion in the list of “Best Lawyers in America”, (Copyright, Woodward White Press Inc. of Aiken, S.C.) 1995-2012
- Best Lawyers in Dallas D Magazine, 2012 - Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Angie Bain has been elected to the Board of Directors of the Citizens for a Qualified Judiciary.
Past Employment Positions
- 254th Judicial District Court, Associate Judge, 1995 - 1996
- 256th Judicial District Court, Associate Judge, 1992 - 1995
- Goranson & Bain, Partner, 1992
- Law Offices of Thomas P. Goranson, Associate, 1988 - 1991
- Honorable A. Joe Fish, U.S. District Court - Northern District of Texas, Law Clerk, 1987 - 1988